There is no relationship that can survive without commitment. No matter the tips I dish out here on how to honeymoon for life, try them 10x over, they won’t work without commitment. Commitment is what makes couple stay together forever taking steps everyday to better each other’s life.
Today I want to share something I tagged ‘the lovers’ creed’. They are five words or phrases that lovers who intend to stay together beautifully don’t joke with.
1. I LOVE YOU: This may sound so common but not saying it often may mean that you are taking your spouse for granted. Be creative about it, don’t just say I love you, say words like, ‘I value you’; ‘You mean so much to me’; ‘I do not take you for granted’. Great words like these are countless; explore the power of words to beautify your relationship.
2. FORGIVE ME/I FORGIVE YOU: Great Lovers are made of givers and forgivers. You cannot honeymoon for life when you keep records of wrong doings of your partner. Be quick to forgive and to profess your forgiveness even if you are not the one at fault. Don’t win the war (fight in your relationship) and end up losing your relationship. Be ready to make sacrifices to make your relationship work. Marriage is selflessness personified.
3. I AM SORRY: This is much related to the above. It is easy to say forgive me and not mean it from your heart. Do always show how sober you are after disappointing your partner; action speaks louder than words. Your body language goes a long way when asking for forgiveness.
4. PLEASE: When asking for favour, don’t demand for it as if it is a right from your spouse, show courtesy. Courtesy has never killed anyone, rather it has helped strengthened countless relationships.
5. THANK YOU: Never get tired of appreciating the one you love. Nothing retains one’s smile like remembering one’s spouse is always grateful and thankful. So today, grab that phone and send a thank you text to the one you love and you will be amazed at the feedback.